Got this from Katie Aurigemma. Thanks Katie!
Fast, Healthy Chili with beans! Serves 4
What you need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 4-ounce can chopped green chili peppers (I use the mild)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper (Cayenne)
- 2 14.5-ounce cans chicken broth (or 32oz package Pacific organic chicken broth)
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 3 15-ounce can white beans (cannelloni or Great Northern beans, I use Bushes Great Northern)
what you do:
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook until tender-about 3 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, green chili peppers, cumin, oregano and ground red pepper. Continue to cook an additional 3 min.
- Stir in chicken broth, chicken and white beans. Simmer for 15 min, stirring occasionally.
- This recipe comes in handy when you have cooked chicken breasts for the week. You can have a hearty soup in less than 30 minutes.