What You Need
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1/2 head cabbage
- 1 large zucchini
- 1/2 head bok choy (greens & stems)
- 1.5 cups broccoli florets
- 1 leek
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp fresh ginger (finely minced)
- 1 Tbs sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (or to your liking)
- salt (to your liking)
- water or broth (the broth is not candida approved)
- rice noodles <– not candida approved. you can make them in a separate pot for the other members of your household who may want a more pho-like experience.
What You Do
First of all, i just bought a food processor, so all of this chopping was super fast and easy. awesome.
- chop all vegetables into sizes that would be good to eat with chop sticks (you know your own chop stick skill level…)
- add a little coconut oil to the bottom of a big soup pot and toss all of the vegetables and minced ginger in
- zest the lime into the pot. save the rest of the lime for use later.
- add salt, sesame seeds, and cayenne to the pot
- cook vegetables down on medium until they soften
- if you are having rice noodles, start cooking them now in a separate pot of water
- add water to the pot of vegetables – enough to cover the vegetables. as the soup cooks, you decide how much water you want to have to give you the consistency you want. i wanted a more miso/pho type ratio, so i added a few cups more water than what covered the vegetables.
- bring to a boil, then turn down to simmer for about 20 min.
- if you are adding rice noodles, serve them in the bottom of a bowl and top them with the soup
- squeeze the lime to serve the juice in a small bowl for people to add