What You Need
- 1/2 head cabbage, chopped into thin strings
- 1/2 head bok choy, chopped into inch chunks
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 head garlic, finely minced
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 cup mixed dried beans (any legumes are okay: lentils, navy, pinto, garbanzo, kidney, black, etc.)
OR 3 cans of beans of your choice (drained & rinsed) but only if you’re not concerned about candida
- 3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3/4 tsp ginger
- sea salt to your liking
- crock pot!
What You Do
- soak the dry beans in sufficient water for a couple of days. yeah that’s right, it takes a while.
- after your beans are prepped, put them in a crock pot with water
- turn crock pot to low
- toss the cabbage, onion, and garlic into a large soup pot on the stove and cook it down in some oil (coconut for candida)
- mix garlic & cabbage into the beans in the crock pot
- add ginger, cayenne, and salt to the mix
- cover and cook for 6 hours, if you can, keep an eye on the water level to make sure there is till some in there. if you have to leave for the day, add more water. the goal in the end is to have a beany mix, not soup.
- after 6 hours, mix in the bok choy
- cover and continue to cook for another 2 hours