What You Need
- A chayote
- A dash of salt
What You Do
- Peel the chayote
- Cut the chayote into squares that are 1″ x 1″ x 1/2″
- Toss it into a frying pan and cover the chayote with water.
- Boil, then simmer covered until the chayote is soft when poked with a fork. This should be about the time you run out of water. If you still have water, pour the rest off.
- Cook the last drops of water away, then add a little olive oil, just to keep from sticking to the pan. If you have a non-stick pan you don’t need to add oil.
- Add a dash of salt and then brown the chayote ever so slightly.
- Serve hot.