Scrambled eggs with some onion and tomato are usually part of breakfast with Gallo Pinto. I like to make mine with fresh basil and garlic.
What You Need
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tomato, in 1/2″ cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 TSP minced garlic
What You Do
- Heat a skillet while you prep your ingredients.
- Scramble the eggs and a dash of salt in a small bowl.
- Sautee the onions and garlic in the skillet until just before they get clear.
- Pour eggs into the skillet and mix with the onions and garlic.
- Just before the eggs are finished, add the tomato.
- When the tomatoes are barely soft, add in the basil and serve hot with a fresh tortilla.