Hot rice is a great standby to have with other dishes such as spicy lentils or a bean & tofu burrito. Though it is not anything special on its own, it take other dishes up a notch.
What You Need
- 1 cup brown or white rice
- 1 tsp red pepper oil (see below)
- 1 small red onion
What You Do
- Make some rice! (boil 2 cups of water, add the rice, a little salt a little oil, set to simmer covered until the water is absorbed)
- Once the rice is done, or even just pull some leftover rice out of the fridge
- Toss the onion in and mix with the red pepper oil
- Sautee until the onion is soft
- Add it as a base to anything spicy!
- Get yourself some crushed red pepper flakes and put them in a small jar or oil dispenser with your favorite oil.
- I like mine at about 1/3 pepper 2/3 oil.
- Let it marinate for a day. Shake well before using.