Flor de Jamaica (also called Roselle), is simply a hibiscus flower. It makes a very red, somewhat tart tea.
What You Need
- A hibiscus tree OR access to fresh hibiscus flowers OR dried hibiscus flowers
- a little sugar
- a little ginger
What You Do
- Use a medium size sauce pan to boil water
- Cut the heat
- Cover the top of the pot with the dried flowers. Don’t layer. Don’t stir, just let them steep. As they steep, they will fall to the bottom of the pot.
- Plan to let it sit for hours.
- Strain, squeeze, and serve hot or cold.
- Sweeten as you like and mix in a pinch of ginger if you like it.