Some people like their rice in the morning puffed and with milk. I like mine hot and with peppers and onions.
What You Need
- 1/2 cup uncooked (dry) basmati rice
- 1 anaheim pepper, seeded & diced
- 1 small white onion, diced
- a little salt
What You Do
- add a little olive oil to the bottom of a pan and toast the uncooked rice until slightly browned
- dump in 1 cup water and quickly cover the rice
- bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 40 min (or whatever your rice brand recommends)
- once the rice is nearly done cooking, add the salt, pepper, and onion
- gently cook until the pepper and onion are slightly soft, stirring regularly
- enjoy hot!
- if you want to get really crazy, scramble an egg and slowly drizzle it into the rice mix (about 1 TBS/30 sec)