Scrambled eggs with some onion and tomato are usually part of a larger breakfast including beans, tortillas, and pico de gallo.
What You Need
- 2 eggs
- 1 tomato, in 1/4″ cubes
- 2 white onions, chopped
- some fresh cilantro
- 5 large cloves of garlic, (4 chopped, 1 minced)
- 1 can of black beans
- poblano pepper, chopped
- 1 tbs cumin
- hot sauce to taste
What You Do
- Drain and rinse the beans. Put them in a pot with 2 cans of water.
- Add cumin, 4 cloves of chopped garlic, 1 chopped poblano pepper, 1.5 chopped onions.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Prep the pico de gallo by mincing 1/2 tomato, 1/4 onion, 1 tbs fresh cilantro. Mix and set aside.
- Start heating your tortillas.
- Heat a separate skillet for the eggs while you prep your ingredients.
- Scramble the eggs and a dash of salt in a small bowl.
- Sautee the onions and garlic in the skillet until just before they get clear.
- Pour eggs into the skillet and mix with the onions and garlic.
- Just before the eggs are finished, add the tomato.
- Serve on a plate in separate piles.