Okay okay only one more recipe with my favorite curry cubes ever. It’s just that I had a few more in the box and this soup was hella good, so you’re getting another recipe with them.
Prep Time: > 1 hr
Cook Time: 30 minutes
What You Need
- 1/4 cup uncooked rice (which you will need to cook separately)
- 1 small white onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/4 cup celery
- 2/3 cup zucchini
- 1 cup chayote
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 anaheim pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh kale (not packed)
- 1 tsp garlic salt (or sea salt)
- 2 cubes Edwards & Sons Red Curry (chopped up)
What You Do
- Cook the rice and set it aside (general rule, 2.5 water : 1 rice. Boil water, add rice, bring to boil, simmer low for 30-40 min.).
- Chop dice all of the vegetables (except the kale) and put them in a big soup pot.
- Add a little EVOO and cook, stirring frequently, on medium heat. Cover. Stir every few minutes, making sure you have enough steam to cook without burning to the bottom.
- In a separate pot, boil 2 cups of water and dissolve the curry cubes.
- When the vegetables are almost soft, add the rice and curry water to the big pot.
- Simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, stir in the kale, and wait 5-10 minutes for the kale to wilt — and for the soup to cool a little bit.
- Serve with a hearty rye or your favorite artisan bread.